I have seen the future, and it is Channel 3.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

AfroMonk: What is the whole “Party.” thing about?


"PARTY started as an inside joke between myself & Steve Bugbee. He was shocked that B.A.D.ASS would only release limited information like date & city but not announce venue or lineup and still get over 1000 RSVPs on Facebook. I laughed and said “I wonder if people would RSVP if we just showed them a blank piece of paper that said PARTY on it.” We wanted to see if the idea would catch on so we tested it by getting the B.A.D.ASS & Slow Kids teams to set their default photo on Facebook to a picture of them holding up a blank piece of paper that had “PARTY” written in arial font. The idea started spreading virally as Steve & I found ourselves looking around the internet and people we didn’t even know had made similar default photos. That was when I decided we would make that my birthday rave….the main flyer was also a blank piece of paper with PARTY on the front and then we released the lineup & RSVP info on the back."

http://afromonk.com/2011/01/b-a-d-ass-raves-production-company-spotlight/

And from Resident Advisor:

Growing pains: US dance festivals meet the mainstream

No comments:

Post a Comment